The R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril challenge, otherwise known as R.I.P. takes place every September 1st through October 31st.
The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, or Supernatural.
There are multiple levels of participation (Perils):
- Peril of the Fiction – Read books of any length that fit the definition of R.I.P. literature.
- Peril of the Short Story – Read short stories any time during the challenge.
- Peril of the Real – Read any true tales of horror.
- Peril of the Listen – Listen to RIP-related audiobooks, podcasts, and music.
- Peril on the Screen – This is for those of us who like to watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious, Gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large.
- Peril of the Group Read – During the month of October, there will be a group read of Shirley Jackson’s The Sundial.
- Readers Imbibing Peril Bingo:
This year, I’ll be doing Peril of the Fiction, Peril of the Listen, Peril on the Screen, Peril of the Group Read, and trying to get a Bingo. I might also add in a bit of Peril of the Short Story if I decide to pick up one of the short story collections on my TBR. I’ve got a huge list of books on Goodreads for me to choose from for this event, the Something Wicked Fall challenge, the month-long FrightFall Readathon, and the 24-Hour Readathon happening in October.
Are you participating in #RIPXVI or reading any spooky reads over the next couple of months? Leave a comment!