I just found out about Horror October Fortnight from Oh, The Books! I’m a day late, but since I love October so much, I’ll be participating. I’m also participating in the Something Wicked This Way Comes read-along, so I’m going to combine the two by doing a post about the playlist I’m listening to while I read. I’ll be doing another playlist post containing my favorite Halloween tunes, and I’ll be doing a review of The Nightingale Bones by Ariel Swan, which I started reading during the read-a-thon. I may also dedicate a post to the horror movies I watch every year. In addition to my own posts, I’ll be wandering around the other participants’ blogs and joining in on some of their activities.
For today, I give you my Top 5 Fave Horror/Paranormal Books:
- It by Stephen King – This book scared me so much, I had to put it down for a month before I could continue.
- Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton – The first in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. This is my Horror/Paranormal brain candy. Hamilton has yet to end the series, and I’m nowhere near caught up. I look forward to having more Anita Blake books to read for a very long time.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker – An essential read for anyone who loves vampires.
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice – Another essential read for vampire lovers. I was depressed after I finished the last of the Vampire Chronicles. I’m planning on re-reading them all soon.
- The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe – There’s nothing I love more than to read Poe during October. There’s no way I could possibly name a favorite story of his.