There’s only one “rule” for FrightFall, and that is at least one scary book (thriller, mystery, Gothic, etc.) has to be read during the readathon. Since that’s pretty much the only kind of books I read during this time of year, I’m good to go.
FrightFall is also a part of #SomethingWickedFall, and this year it includes a read-along of The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I’ve had this book on my TBR for years, so I’m looking forward to finally reading it. The focus is on Gothic fiction during September and Horror during October, so I’ve divided up my TBR stack accordingly.
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Jackaby by William Ritter
- A Free Man of Color by Barbara Hambly
- Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs
- Rose of Fire by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Shadowland by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Witch of Ravensworth by George Brewer
- Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend
- The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley
- A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon
- That Risen Snow by Rob E. Boley
- The Priest Hole by Amy Cross
- From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
- Resthaven by Erik Therme
- 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill
- We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix
Obviously, I won’t be finishing all of these books, but I want options. Lots of options. This isn’t even the complete list, which can be found HERE on Goodreads.
Are you participating in #FrightFall or #SomethingWickedFall? Leave a comment below!