The R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril challenge, otherwise known as R.I.P. takes place every September 1st through October 31st.
The purpose of the R.I.P. challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, or Supernatural.
There are multiple levels of participation (Perils):
- Peril the First – Read four books, any length, that fit the definition of R.I.P. literature.
- Peril the Second – Read two books of any length.
- Peril the Third – This Peril involves reading one book.
- Peril of the Short Story – You can read short stories any time during the challenge.
- Peril on the Screen – This is for those of us who like to watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious, gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large.
- Peril of the Review – Submit a short review of any book you read.
This year, I’ll be doing Peril the First, Peril of the Short Story, Peril on the Screen, and Peril of the Review if I find some time. I’ve got an huge list of books on Goodreads for me to choose from for this event, the Something Wicked This Fall Comes challenge, and the 24-Hour Readathon happening in October.