“Thursday’s Things” is a roundup of book related links I’ve come across while wandering down the rabbit hole that is the internet.
- 10 Charles Dickens Novels Everyone Should Read – Whenever I think of Dickens or the bleak settings of most of his books, I think of winter. Also, I read A Christmas Carol every year.
- A Literary Advent Calendar – So, I know this is extremely late, it being the 21st, but I just rediscovered this post buried in my Pocket. I’m making my way through it to get caught up as quickly as possible. So far, my favorite story is from Dec. 8th.
- Winter Tales – Here’s a whole list of stories that are a bit on the darker side. Many of them are ghost stories, and the idea of curling up with a blanket and a giant mug of hot chocolate while reading them is so Hygge that I’m wishing I had come across this page the night it snowed here in Austin.
- 45 Bookish Ornaments Of 2017 – I’m saving this list so that I can hopefully find several of these ornaments for when I have room enough for a life-size Christmas tree, instead of the tiny one that is currently on top of my coffee table.
- 25 Stories to Put You In the Festive Spirit – I’ve read several on this list, and I’ll be looking to see if I can find a few of the others at the library to take with me on my trip to Arizona on Saturday.
- A Pictorial History of Santa Claus
- A Reading List for the Christmas Books Obsessed – This is an amazing list that I’m considering turning into an Advent calendar for next year.
- Which Game Of Thrones House Would You Fight For? Winter isn’t coming. It’s here. Today is the Winter Solstice after all.
- 3 Cozy Fantasy Reads for Winter – I’ve already added the 1st and 3rd books to my wish list.