Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! It’s another Reverse Readathon! Since I’m in California, it’s 5 PM, and I’ve been up since 6 AM so I already know I won’t be staying awake the entire 24 hours (not that I won’t try).
Here are my answers to the Opening Survey:
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Emeryville, CA.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? I have too many books to decide which I looking forward to the most. I’ve bought so many books since the pandemic started that I feel like I’m in my own personal bookstore.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I have raspberries covered in half and half in the freezer for a sort of ice cream that I LOVE!
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here are 20 somethings about myself from many years ago. Something sort of new about me is that I want to own and run a hobby farm someday, with lots of goats.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Since this is a more laid back readathon, I’m not going to try to stay awake for the entire 24 hours. Instead, I’ll read until I can’t keep my eyes open or my mind on what I’m reading.
Here is a huge list of books on Goodreads that I want to read during this and future readathons. I’m very much a mood reader lately, and have trouble sticking to even 3 or 4 books at a time. Since this is a much more laid back readathon, my first update won’t be until 5 AM PST. I’ll still be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish, snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head, but only every 12 hours instead of 8.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?