“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
- The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice – for the Never-Ending Anne Rice Reading Challenge.
- The Fangirl Life by Kathleen Smith
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- Show Your Shelves Some Love: 23 out of 51
Total pages read: 576
Total # of books for the year: 28. I’m late with this post because it’s Memorial Day; one of the darkest days of the year for me. It’s not a “happy” day and I don’t “celebrate” it because the definitions of those words don’t match up with what this day means. Instead, I stay off the internet to avoid all the attempts at patriotism and photos and videos that rip my heart into pieces even more than this day already does. I don’t go to cookouts or pool parties or waste money on useless crap that is on sale during a day when most people don’t have to work. Instead, I remember the soldiers I knew personally who were killed while in Iraq or Afghanistan and the funerals I attended for those who came back but couldn’t get those places out of their heads. I also practice a lot of self-care. I’ll be back later this week.
What are you reading this week?