Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! The cats let me sleep until my alarm went off this morning at 7:30, which is not normal for them, but I’m not complaining! I’ve got a large cup of tea and I’m set up in the den on the couch to read while I eat some pumpkin spice oatmeal (doctored with a bit of very tart green apple), and a yogurt.
My first book of the readathon is Seven Feet Under by Matthew Weber. I’ve still got my pile of books, but I’m probably going to be listening to more audiobooks than I usually do during readathons. I’m trying to be more active whenever my back lets me, and the weather is supposed to be nice today, so I’m hoping to get outside for a long walk at the park. I’m also going to only do this opening post and a closing/wrap-up post instead of my usual 8-hour updates, but I might do the mid-event survey.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Columbus, OH.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? The Witches by Roald Dahl.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I made pumpkin spice oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies from a mix I bought at Trader Joe’s, and I’ve been holding off on eating all of them so I could snack on them during the readathon.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here’s a fact that I don’t think I’ve ever written about on this blog before: I’m a Grandma! I have two grandsons, one who just recently turned 2, and the other is a newborn.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what is one thing you’ll do different today? As mentioned above, I’ll be listening to more audiobooks, moving around more (as I’m able), and posting fewer updates. I’ll still be posting to my social media accounts, though.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?