Would you rather…
- Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers? I’d much rather lend books to someone who dog-ears pages than someone who eats Cheetos while they read. Why? Cheetos stains never come off the page. I know this from experience. I purchased a used book awhile back, and while I was reading it, it became apparent that the previous owner was a lover of the orange powdered covered snack. *Sigh* maybe someday I’ll be able to find a better copy.
- Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice? Usually, I would rather meet a favorite character than an author, but I think I’d prefer meeting Diana Gabaldon. After all, Jamie Fraser will always belong to Claire, and I’ve got my own Scot to snuggle.
- Never be allowed in a bookstore again or never be allowed in a library again? I’ll take the library over the bookstore any day. Libraries are free, and this is the 2nd year I’m participating in the Show Your Shelves Some Love Challenge, so I can’t buy any books anyway.
- Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book? I’d rather have a favorite couple break up than have any of my favorite characters die; unless the break up causes so much heartache the character(s) die anyway.
- Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life? The Scarlet Letter hands down. I’ve read Twilight, and I once started The Scarlet Letter but got distracted by another book. Being a classic, I think The Scarlet Letter would stand frequent re-reads much better than Twilight.