Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! Wait? What?! Yep, that’s right. It’s a bit different this time around. Not only is it in the middle of the Summer instead of April or October, but it’s starting at 8 PM EST instead of the usual 8 AM EST. Since I’m in California, it’s 5 PM, and I’ve been up since 7 AM so I already know I won’t be staying awake the entire 24 hours.
I don’t know if the wonderful hosts of this Reverse Readathon will be doing the opening survey, since I’m writing this in advance, but here are my answers anyway:
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Emeryville, CA.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I made popsicles out of guava juice and they are the perfect Summer treat. I’ve also got fresh mango for making smoothies. I can’t decide which I’m looking forward to more.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here are 20 somethings about myself. Also, I’m the leader of a questing party on Habitica called The Acorns.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Since this is a more laid back readathon, I’m not going to try to stay awake for the entire 24 hours. Instead, I’ll read until at least my 1st update and then head to bed for some shut eye. That way I can read all day without getting stabby.
Here’s my TBR:
- The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale
- The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
- Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
- Shift by Hugh Howey
- Press Start to Play ed. by Daniel H. Wilson and John Joseph Adams
- It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis
I’m also going to finish The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry before it’s due back at the library.
My first update will be at 1 AM PST. I’ll be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish. I’ll also include snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?