Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! I’ve been awake since around 6:30 am, thanks to one of my cats, Dresden, deciding that he desperately needed snuggles and get his belly scratched (He loves belly scratches, but only by me). I’ve got my huge cup of tea and I’m set up in the den on our super comfy couch to read while I eat some toast with a little bit of butter, a yogurt, and a couple of hardboiled eggs.
My first book of the readathon is Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. While I still have my pile of books, I’m doing what I did back in October and picking 9 books from the list by length. The physical books are pictured below. So, if all goes well, I’ll only be reading shorter Middle-Grade fiction, except for the audiobook I started earlier this week, The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde. I’ll be posting updates here every 8 hours.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Columbus, OH.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I got a peanut butter snack mix from Costco that I had to hide from myself in the back of the pantry so I wouldn’t open it until today.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I own over 800 books that I haven’t read yet, over 500 of which are physical books. Though I’ve tried many different book buying/shopping bans over the years, I finally made a deal with myself to not buy any more physical books until I had enough space on my bookshelves for them. This readathon will give me that space 🙂
- If you participated in the last readathon, what is one thing you’ll do differently today? As mentioned above, I’ve selected a small stack of books from my TBR, based on length, that I will attempt to stick to for this readathon. Last readathon, I only picked physical books, but this time, I’m including an ebook.
My first update will be at 4 pm. I’ll be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish. I’ll also include snacks I’ve nommed, and any music I’ve listened to while reading.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?