Yeah! It’s almost time for #COYER Summer! They’re doing things a bit differently this year, and I’ve decided to join in on the fun that is the Summer Reading List.
Summary of the Rules (check out the sign-up page to see all of the details.)
- The challenge starts on June 17th and ends September 8th. This is roughly at the same time as my Sci-Fi Summer reading challenge, so I’ll be reading pretty much nothing but Science Fiction.
- Books can be in any format: Ebook, Physical, Audio, Library, Borrowed, etc.
- You must pick 30 books for the Summer Reading List (you do NOT have to read all 30 books). Once COYER starts the list can’t be changed. For every 5 books read, 5 more can be added to the list.
- There will be 3 readathons. During a readathon, only books from the list can be read.
- June 25th – July 2nd: Only ebooks
- July 23rd – July 30th: Only physical books
- August 20th – August 27th: Only audio and ebooks
My Summer Reading List
- Doctor Who: The Taking of Chelsea 426 by David Llewellyn
- Doctor Who: The Eyeless by Lance Parkin
- Doctor Who: Wooden Heart by Martin Day
- Doctor Who: Sick Building by Paul Magrs
- Mad Tinker’s Daughter by J.S. Morin
- Doctor Who: Lights Out by Holly Black
- Curiosity Quills: Chronology by J.R. Rain
- Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
- Steampunk: Extraordinary Tales of Victorian Futurism by Mike Ashley
- Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
- Doctor Who: The King’s Dragon by Una McCormack
- Doctor Who: The Deviant Strain by Justin Richards
- Doctor Who: Only Human by Gareth Roberts
- To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
- Maybe the Moon by Armistead Maupin
- True Calling by Siobhan Davis
- The Gemini Effect by Chuck Grossart
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath
- The Time Traders by Andre Norton
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Einstein Prophecy by Robert Masello
- Doctor Who: Engines of War by George Mann
- Sword & Laser Anthology ed. by Veronica Belmont
- Out of Time by Monique Martin
- Doctor Who: Dead of Winter by James Goss
- Planet Urth by Jennifer Martucci
- Black Widow: Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
- Ghost Ship by Diane Carey
This COYER, from December 17th to March 3rd, is much more strict than it has been in the past. Participants can only read ebooks we already own and got for less than $1 or audiobooks we got for less than $5.
However, there is the “generator” option, but I won’t be taking advantage of that. If you would like to know more about using your generator, click on the COYER picture to get the full details over at the official COYER website.
Since the rules are tight this time, I’m not going to read any ebooks until December 17th, and I’m going to concentrate on finishing the books I’m currently in the middle of reading. Once COYER starts, I’ll concentrate on reading as many of my ARCs as possible. With any luck, I’ll get completely caught up on them. Since library books don’t count, I’ll also be focusing on the few audiobooks I own that I got for free.
Usually, my goal for COYER is 10 books, but this time I’m going to try for 12. Bout of Books is coming up during the first week of January and I’m taking vacation during that week as well, so I’m fairly certain I can manage 12 books by March.
Are you participating in COYER?
The COYER Summer Vacation reading challenge is from June 18th to September 2nd, and I’ll be participating! The lovely hosts of COYER have decided to throw out the rules and allow ANY book, regardless of price or format. I’m super excited about this because during most of the challenge, I’ll be hosting my Sci-Fi Summer reading challenge, and a large chunk of the Science Fiction titles I own are physical editions, which is what I want to concentrate on clearing from my TBR mountain since I’m also participating in the Shelf Love reading challenge. That’s THREE awesome challenges!
Since the rules for COYER have been tossed like hot potatoes for the Summer, I’m not setting any goals. I’m just going to read as much as I can, mostly Sci-Fi, but also a few of my ARCs that have publication dates between June and September. This is going to be a wonderful Summer! 🙂
Are you participating in the COYER Summer Vacation reading challenge?
From December 19th to March 4th, I’ll be participating in the Clean out your E-reads (COYER) Challenge hosted by Fantasy is More Fun, Because Reading & Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh, My!
- Read your e-reads. Every book read for the challenge must be in an electronic format – meaning ebook or audiobook.
- The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE. What’s nearly free? No more than $5 for ebooks and no more than $16 for audiobooks.
- Review & link reviews.
- Read at least ten ebooks/audiobooks.
- Clear out my Netgalley ebooks.
- Participate in at least one Twitter party.
This list will probably change by Dec. 19th since I’m hoping to have several of the books already finished and reviewed by then.
It’s time for COYER again, hosted by Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun and Michelle @ Because Reading. It runs from June 20th – September 4th, 2015 and you can sign up here (or click on the pic)!
I have no idea what I’ll be reading, but I’m going to try to finish off as many of my Review books as I can. I also have a ton of FREE ebooks that I’m going to try to get to.
- Read & review at least 10 books.
- Participate in at least one Twitter party.
- Join in at least 1 social media activity a week in the Facebook group.
I’ll be putting my updates in my weekly Monday’s Minutes posts.
So, what do you say? Will you join me?