“Thursday’s Things” is a roundup of book related links I’ve come across while wandering down the rabbit hole that is the internet.
Every September, Tolkien fans return to the Shire. Even though September is also the start of #RIPXII, I am no exception. So, this month will be a strange mix of Middle Earth and Gothic content. However, this “Thursday’s Things” is all about the Hobbits!
- 10 Brilliant Details You Might’ve Missed in the Lord of the Rings Movies
- The Real-Life Hobbit Houses Every Lord of the Rings Fan MUST See
- Tea at Four – “…but any of you are welcome at any time!”
- The One Ring Roleplaying Game
- Lord of the Rings Inspired Hotel Lets Fans Stay in a Hobbit Treehouse Right in the U.S.
- How to Walk to Mordor – I attempted this walking challenge earlier in the year but I had several health issues and other things that stopped me. I’ve decided to try again starting on September 23rd.
- Lembas Land – A much better alternative to Candy Land.
- My Own Shire: Dig in and Plant an Herb Garden
- Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit themed sounds – This is from my favorite ambient sounds website. The menu of book-related themes includes Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The Chronicles of Narnia, Howl’s Moving Castle, Alice in Wonderland, The Hunger Games, Outlander, and too many others to mention here.
- Feast Week – It’s time to prepare for the annual Feast Week (September 22nd – 29th)!!!