Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! I’ve been up since around 6 am, thanks to one of our cats deciding that the Boyfriend and I needed to be awake to ensure his continued existence. He’s lucky he’s cute. The Boyfriend is enabling my readathoning by going to Tim Horton’s and getting us breakfast <3
I flipped a coin to choose my first book of the readathon, and it’s We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry. I’ll be posting my updates every 8 hours, assuming my pile of books keeps me from napping.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I recently moved to Columbus, OH.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? I have no idea! I put so many great books on my readathon-maybes list, that I’m probably going to have to roll a couple of D20’s so I don’t get stuck trying to decide.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I went to the only Trader Joe’s in Columbus and bought all.the.snacks. Their peanut butter pretzel bites are my fave, but I also got a bag of their rice cracker mix, a bag of trail mix, a package of fig cookies, and so many other yummy things!
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I briefly worked in a bookstore, and though I loved it, it’s still retail, and that meant my days off were when everyone else was working.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do differently today? I’m going to choose the books I read at random (probably by rolling some dice).
I usually put my TBR here, but the link to my pile is up above and currently stands at 60 books tall.
My first update will be at 4 pm. I’ll be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish. I’ll also include snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?