“Building the Book Fort” is a weekly post where I track my bookish life.
- The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain
- The Will and the Wilds by Charlie N. Holmberg
- Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
- The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
- Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
Total pages read this week: 546
Total books for 2022: 31 of 85.
Both The Well of Lost Plots and Paper and Fire were excellent books, but I’m not enjoying either Fablehaven or The Will and the Wilds. In Fablehaven, the plot only gets moved along by one of the kids’ refusal to listen or do what he’s told, no matter how many times the very serious consequences prove that his actions affect more than just himself. However, I’m not sure why I can’t get into The Will and the Wilds. Maybe it’s the narrator of the audiobook, but either way, it’s probably going to take me longer than usual to get through it unless something changes.
What are you reading? Let me know in the comments!