The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 27 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I love starting out a New Year with a readathon, especially when it’s a week-long readathon. It’s even better when it’s the 2nd week, rather than the 1st of the year, giving me some time to settle in to my new annual reading goal.
- Read. Read. Read.
- Finish at least one of the books I’m currently reading.
- Finish one more book from my TBR.
Books to Read
- Lost Books and Old Bones by Paige Shelton
- I Am a Cat by Natsume Soseki
- This Book is Overdue! by Marilyn Johnson
- At least one book from my “TBR” bookshelf on Goodreads.
I will be posting an update each day with the amount of time I read, the number of pages read that day and the titles of any of the books I’ve finished.