Throughout December, Estella’s Revenge, Girlxoxo, and Traveling with T will be sharing their fave bookish (and sometimes not-so-bookish) experiences from the year and they’ve invited their readers to join in on the fun! The schedule and details are posted at Estella’s Revenge.
Today is all about choosing 5 faves by a theme, and since Fantasy is my favorite genre, I decided to tell you about my 5 fave Fantasy books that I read this year. I didn’t include any re-reads. The links are to my reviews or Goodreads.
- The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg – I immediately added The Glass Magician to my wishlist when I finished reading this, even though it’s not at all necessary to continue to the next book. I JUST NEED TO KNOW, OK?! These characters own me now.
- Chimera: Books 1 – 3 by Phil Gomm – this is really a tie with The Paper Magician, but I put them in 2nd place because you have to read all three.
- The Stranger by Max Frei – The Stranger’s Woes is also excellent.
- Of Bone and Thunder by Chris Evans – I almost didn’t request this on Netgalley because I wasn’t sure if I would like it. I’m glad I gave it a chance!
- Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier – I read this for my book club. I often skip several months at a time because either I refuse to pay for the book and can’t find it at the library, or I simply can’t find it anywhere for a reasonable price. I was lucky enough to find this one at Half Price Books. It ripped my heart into little shreds and then somehow put it all back together again. What more could I ask from a fairy tale retelling?
What are your favorite Fantasy books that you’ve read this year?