For this month’s #ShelfLove discussion, participants are supposed to write about their local library. However, I’ve done that before. A couple of different times. I’ve also written about the important role libraries have played in my life. Libraries have had such an enormous impact on my life that I want to be a Librarian. Unfortunately, that’s several years away, and I haven’t set foot in a library since before I graduated. I’ve stopped myself from checking out any books because I have so many at home that my shelves are struggling under the weight. So, instead of writing about a library I haven’t been to in several months, I’ve decided to re-share those older posts along with a few links about libraries and librarians.
Posts I’ve written:
- Librarians on Bikes Are Delivering Books and WiFi to Kids in “Book Deserts.”
- A Library Scavenger Hunt for Exploring the Stacks
- 16 Hilarious Signs That Prove Libraries Are the Greatest
- FLIP Lending Library Enables Low-Income Students to Save on Textbooks
- The Libraries Transform Campaign
- Librarian Problems