COYER turns 5 this summer and we’re celebrating with a Big Summer Birthday Bash! There’s a lot going on this COYER, so I’m only going to share with you the parts that I’ll be doing. For the full details, click on the link above.
- The challenge begins June 9th and ends August 31st.
- It’s Summer and that means anything goes! It can be any format, any price, obtained from any legal location.
Birthday Bash Goody #1 – Declare your cleaning goal!
I’ll be going for “Lightly Clean” by reading up to 10 books.
Birthday Bash Goody #3 – Participate in at least 1 Readathon!
I’ll be participating in the following:
- Fairy Tales with a Twist: Read fairy tale re-tellings from Sunday June 17th to Saturday June 23rd.
- Dusting Off The Shelves: Read the oldest books on your TBR. They have to have sat on your shelf for at least 1 year. Readathon runs Sunday July 29th to Saturday August 4th.
- Scary Stories by the Campfire!: Read about ghosts, goblins, and any other horror/thriller that would make for a scary campfire tale from Sunday August 5th to Saturday August 11th.
Birthday Bash Goody #4 – Participate in one or all the Mini-Challenges hosted by COYER participants!
I don’t know what the mini-challenges will be, but I’m sure I’ll want to participate in at least one of them.
Birthday Bash Goody #5 – Participate in the mini-scavenger hunt!
The mini-scavenger hunt runs from Sunday August 12th to Saturday August 25th. You can get the scavenger hunt list on the main sign-up page.
Birthday Bash Goody #6 – Participate in the Social Media Games in the Facebook group and the Twitter parties!
Social Media Games I might participate in:
- Monday: What are you reading?
- Tuesday: Cora COYER
- Thursday: Tell Me with a GIF
- Saturday: COYER Trivia
- Sunday: COYER Update
Twitter Parties I’ll be able to do:
- Kick-Off Twitter Party: Sunday, June 10th at 4pm EST
- Saturday, July 14th at 11am EST
- Saturday, August 18th at 12pm EST
- Sneak Peak: Sunday, August 26th at 4pm EST
Birthday Bash Goody #7 – Fill in 1 or all 4 BINGO Boards!
I doubt I’m going to be able to read enough books to fill in an entire BINGO board, but I’m going to try!
Birthday Bash Goody #8 – Survive Hurricane Berls!
Read only eBooks, $1 or less, that you already own (including ARCs), from Wednesday July 25th to Saturday July 28th.
Birthday Bash Goody #9 – Make a list of 15 books and read a least 10 of them!
I put my list on Goodreads.
Birthday Bash Goody #10 – Participate in the Switch!
Each week from Sunday June 24th to Saturday July 14th, do the Strict, the List, and the One with the Twist. I’ll do the Switch in that order.
The Strict – June 24th to june 30th
- Every book you read must be an eBook or audiobook.
- Every book must be either free or less than $5.
- No library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited.
The List – July 1st to july 7th
- Make a list of up to 15 books you want to read (I’m using the same list I made for Goody #9)
- Every book on the list must be in your possession before you put them on the list. Books can be any format, any price, obtained any legal way.
The One with the Twist – July 8th to july 14th
- You can read any book, any price, obtained any legal way.
- The Twist is you have to stick with one format. I’ll be sticking to eBooks.
Are you participating in the #COYER Summer Birthday Bash?