Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! I stumbled out of the bedroom at 4:30 am so I would have time to make a giant
bowl cup of tea. I’ll be posting my updates every 8 hours, assuming I don’t fall asleep.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Emeryville, CA.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? The Alchemyst by Michael Scott.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I got a bag of praline pecans from the farmer’s market on Wednesday that I’ve been saving for the readathon.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here are 20 somethings about myself. Also, I’m a planner addict, and I now have several favorite Etsy shops that I gladly give most of my spending money to when they add new sticker kits.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? My Synovitis was horrible during the last readathon in October, which meant I couldn’t socialize much. I’ve got it under control now, mostly, so I’ll be chatting it up a bit more this time.
Here’s my TBR:
- Day 21 by Kass Morgan
- Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
- Bohemian Gospel by Dana Chamblee Carpenter
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (or another book with magical creatures for the Care of Magical Creatures OWL)
- Child of the Prophecy by Juliet Marillier (or another book involving a prophecy for the Divination OWL)
My first update will be at 1 pm. I’ll be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish. I’ll also include snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?