“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
- Of Books and Bagpipes by Paige Shelton
- The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Thad Carhart
- The Kindness Handbook by Sharon Salzberg
- Bilbo’s Last Song by J.R.R. Tolkien
Total pages read this week: 358
Total books for the year: 20 of 90. Yesterday was Tolkien Reading Day and I chose to celebrate by reading Bilbo’s Last Song. I’m still trying to catch up on Les Misérables, but I found The Piano Shop on the Left Bank on the free book cart at the VA and immediately started reading it. I’m loving it so far and it made me spend far too much time searching and considering buying a piano for which I have absolutely no room in my tiny one-bedroom apartment. I also added quite a few pieces of sheet music to my wish list on Amazon and ordered a copy of The Road Goes Ever On, a book of poems and songs from Middle Earth put to music for guitar and piano. I only have a 5 octave keyboard, but I’ll do what I can with it until I find the room and money for a full-sized weighted-key digital piano with pedals. It’s probably a good thing I don’t have one right now anyway since my synovitis has been acting up again.
What are you reading this week?