“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- A Philosophy of Walking by Frédéric Gros
- The Book of Night with Moon by Diane Duane
- John Saturnall’s Feast by Lawrence Norfold
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Total pages read this week: 345
Total books for the year: 90 of 95. I was in a mood most foul earlier in the week and went on Litsy to ask for book recommendations. My request was for stories full of Buffy-like ass-kicking characters, and that’s how I ended up reading The Secret Hour. So far, it has hit the spot perfectly even though there hasn’t been much ass-kicking yet. I’m nearly done with it, and once I am, I’ll catch up with the Silmarillion for #LOTRChapteraDay. I should be finished with that by the end of this week. Then I’ll be trying to finish the rest of my current reads before the start of #COYER on December 16th. Speaking of #COYER, I’ve been preparing by finally, and slowly getting all of my books scanned into Goodreads. Once I’m done, I’ll also be fully prepped for next year’s #ShelfLove.
What are you reading this week?