Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon has officially started! The Boyfriend and I got up at 6:30 am to eat croissants for breakfast. Due to my Synovitis, this #readathon is going to be low tech for me. I’ll still be posting my updates every 8 hours, but I won’t be doing much socializing.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Austin, TX.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? I’m making myself a “Mediterranean Plate” instead of going to The Steeping Room. It’s dolmas, toasted pita bread, feta cheese cubes, olives, and hummus.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here are 20 somethings about myself. Also, I love to crochet and listen to cozy mysteries at the same time. I miss that more than anything else while my hands have been trying to heal.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I’m going to try listening to audiobooks while I walk on the treadmill (I usually listen to music) during my exercise breaks.
Here’s my TBR:
- Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Wildwood by Colin Melot
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
- Curse of the Boggin by D.J. MacHale
- The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket
My first update will be at 3 pm. I’ll be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish. I’ll also include snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?