“Thursday’s Things” is a roundup of book related links I’ve come across while wandering down the rabbit hole that is the internet.
Students are headed back to school for another year of learning, and I’m just a wee bit jealous! The #SciFiSummer reading challenge is still going strong with roughly a month left, so I mixed in a few Science Fiction related links with the more “scholarly” ones.
- Reference Resources Librarians Don’t Want You to Know About (*Wink*) – Do your research with these handy dandy resources instead of Wikipedia and make your teachers happy.
- 12 Experiences Only Book-Lovers Had In College – I miss college!
- 10 Fabulous Campus Novels To Cozy Up With This Fall – I haven’t read any of these so I have no idea if they’re any good. If you have, leave a comment and feel free to link to your reviews if you have them.
- Five Fascinating Facts about Dystopian Fiction – I read A LOT of Dystopian Fiction for this year’s #SciFiSummer. I think I might be a bit burnt out on it, even if it is my fave Sci-Fi subgenre.
- The Periodic Table of Storytelling – I would much rather memorize this than the actual Periodic Table.
- Essential Scottish Sci-fi – You had me at “Scottish.”
- The Stunning Cartography of Westeros – Why learn about traditional Geography when you can learn more about Westeros? 😉
- 11 Haikus That Perfectly Sum Up Being A Book Nerd – In case you need some inspiration for Creative Writing.
- 15 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Love Jamie Fraser – I had to throw this one in because I’m re-reading Outlander for #LengthyLit and Season 3 will be airing soon.
- But What If We’re Wrong…About Good Literature? – A good question to ask while you’re in Lit class.