The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long readathon that begins 12:01 am Monday, August 21st and runs through Sunday, August 27th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 20 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I have to work during this Bout of Books, unfortunately, but I’m planning on getting some extra reading time in with audiobooks.
- Read. Read. Read.
- Finish the books I’m currently reading.
- Finish at least one more book from my TBR.
Books to Read
One or two of these might already be finished by the 21st.
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Gods Themselves by Isaac Asimov
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Jack the Bodiless by Julian May
- Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker
- The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore
I will be posting an update each day with the amount of time I read, the number of pages read that day and the titles of any of the books I’ve finished.