“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Once and Future King by T.H. White
- Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker
- The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Book, Line, and Sinker by Jenn McKinlay
Total pages read this week: 1008
Total # of books for the year: 55 of 85. On Tuesday, I had a mammogram and ultrasound. I found out that I now have to get a biopsy. On top of that, my cat, Dresden, has been acting more skittish than usual and freaking out over what seems to be nothing. The Boyfriend took him to the vet and Dresden seems to be suffering from anxiety potentially caused by a fall. Understandably, I haven’t been in the mood to read anything dark. Though I managed to finish Lord of the Flies, I decided to listen to Book, Line, and Sinker and reread The Hobbit as comfort reads. I don’t know how long I will need to stay away from The Road and Allegiant.
What are you reading this week?