Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon begins tomorrow, at 7 am CST, and I’m super excited!
I’m going to be doing a lot of socializing on Facebook, Goodreads, Twitter, and Litsy, but I’ll be listening to an audiobook while I’m at it. Why? I’ll be raising money for charity and I’m hoping to read for the entire 24 hours! For every book I finish, I’ll be donating $5 to Reading is Fundamental and $5 to the Austin Public Library. For every page I read from books that I don’t finish, I’ll donate 5 cents to RIF and 5 cents to the APL.
Since I’m also participating in the #ShelfLove reading challenge, all my books are off of my own bookshelves. I’ll switch back and forth between books on the list as needed, but I am going to try to finish as many books as possible:
- How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- When Books Went to War by Molly Guptill Manning
- Heart’s Blood by Juliet Marillier
- Cannonbridge by Jonathon Barnes
- Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead
- The Stranger’s Magic by Max Frei
- The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers
- Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Yes, my TBR list far more books that I could possibly finish in 24 hours, and it doesn’t include any of the audiobooks or ebooks that I might decide to listen to or read instead, but I want plenty of choices.
My updates will be every 8 hours after my kick-off post. Along with the books I finish and the number of pages I read, I’ll include any mini-challenges I participate in, along with other tidbits such as music or snacks.
Speaking of snacks, this is a taste of what I brought home to keep my tummy happy during the readathon:
- Mandarin Oranges
- Spinach Chips
- Toasted Chickpeas
- Frozen Grapes
- Celery and Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Mocha tea (it has whole coffee beans in it along with chocolate chips!)
I also got pizza and some other non-snack foods, but let’s face it, I mostly graze during readathons.
Are you participating in Dewey’s Readathon? If so, what books do you have planned to read? Leave a comment, and include your link if you have a “goals” post!
See you tomorrow morning! 🙂