The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Not only is the start of Bout of Books on my Birthday, but I’m also on vacation for the entire week! I’ll be doing a whole lot of reading 🙂
- Read. Read. Read.
- Finish the books I’m currently reading.
- Finish at least one more book from my TBR.
Books to Read
One or two of these might already be finished by January 2nd.
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- Shadow, Shadow by V.B. Marlowe
- The Mermaid’s Sister by Carrie Anne Noble
- Hunter by Mercedes Lackey
- Imaginary Boy by Mark Eldrich
- Grayling’s Song by Karen Cushman
- The Butterfly Crest by Eva Vanrell
- Titanborn by Rhett C. Bruno
- Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan
- Goggles Gone Strong by S.M.W. Claw
- Deadlight Jack by Mark Onspaugh
I will be posting an update each day with the amount of time I read, the number of pages read that day and the titles of any of the books I’ve finished.