Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon has officially started! I prepped my tea kettle last night, so all I had to do when I got up at 6:30 am was turn it on, make my breakfast (yogurt and toasted cinnamon bread with butter), and get my browser ready to go with all my readathon related sites. I’ve been running off a readathon excitement high most of the week, and I’m also excited at using my reading “nook” for the first time:
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Austin, TX, which is finally seeing temperatures that feel like early Fall.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? Pumpkin scones.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here are 20 somethings about myself. Also, the Boyfriend nicknamed me Hobbit because I’m short and obsessed with all things from the Shire.
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I’m returning to cheering. I didn’t socialize much during the last readathon, and it wasn’t nearly as fun as the readathons I participated in before.
Here’s my Halloween-themed book list:
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The October Country by Ray Bradbury
- Warren the 13th and the All Seeing Eye by Tania Del Rio
- The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley
- The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Amphigorey by Edward Gorey
- Amphigorey Too by Edward Gorey
- The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket
My first update will be at 3 pm. I’ll be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish. I’ll also include mini-challenges I’ve accepted, snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?