Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon begins tomorrow, at 7 am CST, but I wanted to share with all of you what I’ll be doing.
First off, the books. Since I’m also participating in the #ShelfLove reading challenge, all my books are off of my own bookshelves. Since it’s also RIP XI, everything I read will be Gothic or Horror. Since I attempted to not socialize much during the last readathon and didn’t have nearly as much fun as a result, I’m going to do a lot of cheering this time. Due to that, all but two of the books I’ll be reading will be shorter, easier reads. I’ll switch back and forth between books on the list as needed, but I am going to try to finish as many books as possible:
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The October Country by Ray Bradbury
- Warren the 13th and the All Seeing Eye by Tania Del Rio
- The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley
- The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Amphigorey by Edward Gorey
- Amphigorey Too by Edward Gorey
- The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket
Yes, my TBR list is a bit long, and it doesn’t include any of the audiobooks or ebooks that I might decide to listen to or read instead, but I want plenty of choices.
My updates will be every 8 hours after my kick-off post. Along with the books I finish and the number of pages I read, I’ll include any mini-challenges I participate in, along with other tidbits such as music or snacks.
Speaking of snacks, this is a taste of what I brought home to keep my tummy happy during the readathon:
- Pumpkin scones
- Cinnamon bread
- Shortbread cookies
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- Caramel Truffle tea
- Chocolate Mocha tea (it has whole coffee beans in it along with chocolate chips!)
I also got pizza and some other non-snack foods, but let’s face it, I mostly graze during readathon.
Are you participating in Dewey’s Readathon? If so, what books do you have planned to read? Leave a comment, and include your link if you have a “goals” post!
See you tomorrow morning! 🙂