It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Below is my Spin list, and since I failed miserably at the last Spin (I didn’t even start Lord of the Flies) , I will probably do a read-along. While I’m interested in reading all of the books on this and my master list, I’m really hoping it will be one of the books below in particular. I’m not saying which one though because I don’t want to jinx it. Regardless of whether or not it ends up being my Spin book, I will be reading it before the end of the year, so you’ll know which one I’m referring to soon enough.
- Albee, Edward: Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Lawrence, D.H.: Lady Chatterley’s Lover
- Atwood, Margaret: A Handmaid’s Tale
- Du Maurier, Daphne: Rebecca
- Beckett, Samuel: Waiting for Godot
- Dumas, Alexandre: The Count of Monte Cristo
- Remarque: All Quiet on the Western Front
- Bronte, Anne: Agnes Grey
- Flaubert, Gustav: Madame Bovary
- Milton, John: Paradise Lost
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel: The House of the Seven Gables
- Proust, Marcel: Swann’s Way
- Goethe, Johann: Faust
- Eliot, George: Middlemarch
- Golding, William: Lord of the Flies
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel: The Scarlet Letter
- Hemingway, Ernest: A Farewell to Arms
- Cooper, James Fenimore: The Last of the Mohicans
- Crane, Stephen: Red Badge of Courage
- Irving, Washington: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Spin number will be chosen on Monday, and then those of us participating will have until December 1st to read the book that corresponds to that number.
Are you participating in the Classics Club Spin? Whether or not you’re participating, would you be interested in doing a read-along of any of the books on my list? Let me know in the comments!