“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – for Castle Macabre’s Gothic September read-along.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh
- The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Show Your Shelves Some Love: 44 out of 51
- RIP XI: 0 of 4 books, 0 short stories
- Sci-Fi Summer: 15 out of 16 (Time Lord)
Total pages read: 1010
Total # of books for the year: 59. I’m only one book away from completing the Time Lord level of my Sci-Fi Summer reading challenge. Since that last book is the audiobook edition of The Martian Chronicles, and I’m well over halfway done with it, I’ve started on the giant stack of books I pulled from my shelves for R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril. Even though the challenge level I’m participating in is only four books, I plan on getting through several more than that, especially since Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is in October, and this is the time of year when I prefer to stick to the Gothic and Horror genres.
I was going to slow down my reading to catch up on writing reviews, but I came down with a head cold that was made more horrible by Cedar Fever. The Boyfriend said it’s a little early in the year for that, but we’ve had a lot of rain over the past couple weeks. I never had allergies prior to moving to Texas, and every time my eyes get itchy and my sinuses give me migraine-level headaches, I want to move anywhere without cedar trees. I read whenever I wasn’t sleeping since I didn’t have much energy to do anything else. Now I have two more books to review, and possibly a third before the end of the day (A Great and Terrible Beauty is SO good!).
What are you reading this week?