The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 28th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I’m finally coming out of the funk I’ve been under for the past week or so, and just in time to get ready for another Bout of Books! I, unfortunately, wasn’t able to use my vacation time for this one, but, hopefully, I’ll be able to next time.
- Read for at least 2 hours each day.
- Finish the books I’m currently reading.
- Finish at least one more book from my TBR.
Books to Read
One or two of these might already be finished by August 22nd.
- Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Primary Inversion by Catherine Asaro
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Bookplate Special by Lorna Barrett
- The Communication Room by Adam Aresty
I will be posting an update each day with the amount of time I read, the number of pages read that day and the titles of any of the books I’ve finished.