“Thursday’s Things” is my monthly roundup of book related links I’ve come across while wandering down the rabbit hole that is the internet.
- National Readathon Day – Mark your calendars; National Readathon Day is May 21st.
- 101 Lies to Tell So You Can Stay Home and Read – As soon as you mark your calendar, keep this list handy for excuses not to do anything that isn’t reading.
- The Whys and Hows of Creating a Reading Den – Why read on the couch or in bed when you could build yourself a reading den?
- Six Healthy Snacks – This was written for gamers, but the suggestions are perfect for readathon noms as well.
- How much could you read instead? – All of next week is Bout of Books 16. So why not motivate yourself to read more by figuring out how much time you’re wasting on non-book related activities?
- 10 Weird Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stay Up All Night Reading – I know, I know. These sound like reasons why you shouldn’t stay up all night reading. However, I’ve only included this article so you can properly prepare yourself for the side effects of readathoning. And you know what? Totally.Worth.It.