“Thursday’s Things” is my monthly* roundup of book related links I’ve come across while wandering down the rabbit hole that is the internet.
- 10 Authors Who Wrote Gritty, Realistic Fantasy Before George R.R. Martin – Tired of waiting on George R.R. Martin to “Write Like the Wind?” Check out some of these authors for your Dark Fantasy fix.
- 15 Secrets Hiding in the World of Game of Thrones
- Depressing Book Quotes as Motivational Posters
- Chain, Chest, Curse: Combating Book Theft in Medieval Times
- RSC and Samsung Bring Shakespeare to Smartphones
- 12 Interesting Facts about Dictionaries
- Food In Literature – Shaina‘s mini-challenge during hour 8 of Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon last weekend reminded me of this great cooking blog dedicated to food found in books.
- 14 Brilliant Pieces of Literature You Can Read in the Time it Takes to Eat Lunch
- The Curious Case of the Book Blurb (and Why it Exists)
- How to Judge a Person By Their Subway Read – Or any form of public transportation.
*I may start writing a “Thursday’s Things” post every other week in the near future, with the ultimate goal of posting a new one every week.