“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith – for the Classic Club Spin.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – for the #FanspeakTheRing Read-Along.
- Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
- The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice – for the Never-Ending Anne Rice Reading Challenge.
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson
- Parnassus On Wheels by Christopher Morley
- The Dragon Stone Trilogy by Kristian Alva
- Show Your Shelves Some Love: 15 out of 51
Total pages read: 505
Total # of books for the year: 19. As much as I loved participating in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon, it wasn’t quite as fun for me as previous ones, and that has nothing to do with the wonderful and amazing people who organize and run the event. It was entirely my fault. I was concentrating so much on trying to get back into a reading groove, thinking that’s why I’ve been feeling so meh lately, that I didn’t even consider that it was the social aspect of blogging and readathoning that I’ve been missing. I miss sharing my experiences with and my undying love of books with all of you. However, every time I manage to find a little bit of time to sit down and write a review, I suddenly find myself uninterested and coming up with all the million other things I need to do. Is this a blogging slump?! If it is, then wow, does it suck.
Last year, I took time off because I was finishing my last semester of college and freaking out. Earlier this year, I took time off because I had finally found a full-time job and I was freaking out. Last month and most of this month, I took time off because I was in the middle of moving and was… freaking out. Are you sensing a pattern? Even though I’m freaking out about this, I’m not going to take more time off. At least, not as long as I have recently. Also, though it will look the same to all of you wonderful readers of my blog, it will be different. Instead of taking a break and not writing anything, I’m going to take the next week or so to get organized again, plan, and write drafts. Instead of being inactive, I’m going to be proactive. You just won’t see the results until I start posting all those reviews and other things that I loved writing before this slump took my blogging mojo.
My Top Commenter: Vicky @ Books and Strips
What are you reading this week?