“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith – for the Classic Club Spin.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – for the #FanspeakTheRing Read-Along.
- Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
- The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice – for the Never-Ending Anne Rice Reading Challenge.
- Show Your Shelves Some Love: 12 out of 51
Total pages read: 270
Total # of books for the year: 16. I thought I was in a reading slump until I started reading The Vampire Lestat on Friday night. It turns out that the problem was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It’s an excellent book, but it’s depressing and makes me think far too much about how my great grandparents and grandparents struggled to make a life for themselves. Also, how there are people today who are still barely making ends meet, or even failing to do so. Since my job makes me aware of that on a daily basis, I don’t want to be faced with it when I’m reading. I might pick it back up during the readathon this weekend, but until then, I’m going to stick with what keeps me reading.
My Top Commenters: Thank you to everyone who stopped by to welcome me back and leave well wishes 🙂
What are you reading this week?