“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling – for the HP re-read.
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
- Thirteen Days in September by Lawrence Wright – for my History of US Foreign Policy class.
- The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
I’ll try to get a review posted at some point for Coraline.
- Show Your Shelves Some Love: 46 out of 51.
- Outdo Yourself: 77 out of 66.
- Netgalley/Edelweiss: 15 out of 50.
- SF/F Bingo:
Total pages read: 958
Total # of books for the year: 78. I wrote a guest post for Michelle @ Because Reading about vampires and Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. Why does Halloween have to be over?! I got swamped in research and writing a paper, so I didn’t get around to reviewing some of the books I wanted to before the end of October. Sometimes I wish the spookiness could continue for another month. Now that it’s November, I’ll be reading books that are still dark though less designed to frighten. In addition to finishing The Witching Hour, I’ll hopefully have time to get to A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz, Hyde by Daniel Levine, and Gretel and the Case of the Missing Frog Prints by P.J. Brackston. All of them are library books, and I’d like to finish them before they’re due.
What are you reading this week?