Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon has officially started! I prepped my coffee maker last night, so all I had to do when I got up at 6:30 am was turn it on, make my breakfast (yogurt and a bagel with butter), and get my browser ready to go with all my readathon related sites. I’ve been running off a readathon excitement high since Thursday, and I created a reading “Fort” in my living room with the help of the Boyfriend!
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Austin, TX.
- Which book in your stack are you looking forward to the most? The Bell Witch by John F.D. Taff.
- Which snack are you looking forward to the most? Pretzel sticks and jalepeño cheese dip.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Here are 20 somethings about myself. Also, I love Dinosaurs. RAWR!
- If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I don’t have a reading goal this time around, but I am reading along a theme. I’ve also added a graphic novel to my stack of books. I’m not new to graphic novels and comics, but it’s been a long time and I’ve never read any for a readathon. Also, I’m donating $1 for every 100 pages OR 1 book I read during the readathon to Pencils of Promise. It’s not much, but it’s all I can afford right now. If you would like to support me in fundraising, please consider matching my donation.
Here’s my Halloween-themed book list:
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
- The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood
- The October Country by Ray Bradbury
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Hyde by Daniel Levine
- The Bell Witch by John F.D. Taff
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- “Goosebumps” audiobooks
- The Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman
My first update will be at 3 pm. Even though I don’t have a reading goal, I’ll still be tracking how many pages I read and any books I finish so that I, and all of you, know how much money I’m donating to Pencils of Promise. I’ll also include mini-challenges I’ve accepted, snacks I’ve nommed, and any musical earworms that have gotten into my head.
Whether you’re participating in the readathon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading? Would you consider helping me out to raise money for Pencils of Promise?