“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – for the read-along.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – for the HP re-read.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Finished: Doll Bones by Holly Black and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I’ll review both of these before the end of the month.
DNF: The Magic Shop by Justin Swapp. I tried. I did. I’ll write a DNF review before the end of the month.
- RIP X: 4 out of 4
- Show Your Shelves Some Love: 42 out of 51.
- Outdo Yourself: 68 out of 66.
- Netgalley/Edelweiss: 15 out of 50.
- SF/F Bingo:
Total pages read: 644
Total # of books for the year: 69. Though I’m not counting it towards any of my reading challenges, or even my total number of books read for the year, I’m reading the short story, “The Wendigo” by Algernon Blackwood. I found out about the story from Litha Nelle’s Mini Macabre Review Monday post. I knew that Wendigos originated from Native American folklore, and I’ve seen the episode about the frightening creature on “Supernatural”, but I had no idea there was also a Classic short story about it. I’m also adding Pet Sematary by Stephen King to my wishlist since the creature shows up in the one famous King book I’ve never read. I doubt I’ll get to it this year, but I hope to read it next October.
What are you reading this week?