“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – for the read-along.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – for the HP re-read.
- Doll Bones by Holly Black
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
- The Magic Shop by Justin Swapp – a review book.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Finished: Human Cargo by Caroline Moorehead, which I read for one of my classes. I had to write a detailed critical review of it, so I might post it at some point. I also finished Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers. I’ll do a Classics Club review for it before the end of the month. Awhile back I reviewed Onyx Webb: Episode 1. The authors, Richards Fenton and Andrea Waltz, re-released the first six episodes in two books and asked me to review Book 1. I’ll be posting it sometime next week.
- RIP X: 2 out of 4
- Show Your Shelves Some Love Progress: 41 out of 51.
- Outdo Yourself Progress: 66 out of 66.
- Netgalley/Edelweiss Progress: 15 out of 50.
- SF/F Bingo:
Total pages read: 1,262
Total # of books for the year: 67. I’ve finally broken my audiobook slump! First, I listened to Mary Poppins, and now I’m making my way through Doll Bones, both of which I checked out from my university’s library. I removed The Portable Dorothy Parker from my current reads because I know I’m not going to get back to reading it until January at the earliest, and I haven’t touched it in over a month.
What are you reading this week?