“Monday’s Minutes” is a weekly post in which I track my bookish life. All book covers are linked to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – for the read-along.
- The Portable Dorothy Parker
- Human Cargo by Caroline Moorehead
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Finished: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. The discussion post and link-up will be up on the 30th.
DNF: Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. I gave it 120 pages before I gave up, which is far more than I usually give a book, so I feel like I gave it more than a fair chance. All I will say is that if I wanted to read a story about a woman willingly giving up her agency to a domineering, “alpha male” vampire, I’d re-read Twilight. At least Bella had the excuse of being a teenager instead of a grown extremely well-educated woman.
- RIP X: 1 out of 4
- Show Your Shelves Some Love Progress: 39 out of 51.
- Outdo Yourself Progress: 63 out of 66.
- Netgalley/Edelweiss Progress: 15 out of 50.
- SF/F Bingo: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban counts for “Time Travel”.
Total pages read: 704
Total # of books for the year: 64. I still haven’t found the next audiobook to keep me company on my commute to and from school. Either the story doesn’t appeal to me, or the narration is horrible for every audiobook I’ve tried. I’ve been listening to music and podcasts, one of which is Drabblecast. I highly recommend it if you love weird tales, and it’s perfect if you’re participating in RIP X.
What are you reading this week?