The Classics Club Spin number is 5! Below is my list of the twenty books I chose from my Classics Club List for this Spin. I apparently tempted fate a little too much by mentioning I had deliberately put off reading The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio. However, when I opened the digital copy I have I realized two things: It’s incomplete, and it’s an unreadable combination of scanned original pages and digitized text.
I couldn’t think of any other way of fairly picking another book from the list, so I asked the Boyfriend to choose a number between 1 and 20. He said 19, which means I’m reading The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. I’ve got until October 23rd to finish it, which shouldn’t be a problem.
I will be doing a read-along, but it won’t start until Monday, September 7th. If you would like to join me, leave a comment. I’ll make an official post with a link up next week.
- Albee, Edward: Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Dumas, Alexandre: The Count of Monte Cristo
- Remarque: All Quiet on the Western Front
- Smith, Betty: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Boccaccio, Giovanni: The Decameron
- Burnett, Frances Hodgson: The Secret Garden
- Proust, Marcel: Swann’s Way
- Carroll, Lewis: Alice in Wonderland
- Golding, William: Lord of the Flies
- Wells, H.G.: The Time Machine
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel: The Scarlet Letter
- Heller, Joseph: Catch-22
- Hemingway, Ernest: A Farewell to Arms
- Cooper, James Fenimore: The Last of the Mohicans
- Crane, Stephen: Red Badge of Courage
- Hugo, Victor: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- de Saint-Exupery, Antoine: The Little Prince
- Defoe, Daniel: Moll Flanders
- Tan, Amy: The Joy Luck Club
- Swift, Jonathon: Gulliver’s Travels