- Harry Potter and Philosophy
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne, for the Classics Club.
- The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins – a review book.
- The Last Dragon by Silvana De Mari
Finished: The River Between by Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o, The Origins of the Modern World by Robert B. Marks, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare. The first two I read for my World History class, and the third I read just in time to complete the Once Upon a Time IX challenge. I also finished The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch and The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs, both of which I’ll be reviewing sometime this week.
- COYER: None of the above books qualify since I was either reading them before the challenge started, or I’m not writing reviews for them.
- Show Your Shelves Some Love Progress: 23 out of 51.
- Outdo Yourself Progress: 40 out of 66.
- Netgalley/Edelweiss Progress: 11 out of 50.
- SF/F Bingo: I finally filled a new square! The Lies of Locke Lamora is a perfect choice for “Heists & Cons”.
Total pages read for the week: 1,111
Total # of books for the year: 41. A stomach bug and a three-day weekend allowed me to knock my page count out of the water. I start my second class of the Summer today, which means I’m that much closer to completing my degree. It also means I’m closer to having to spend the majority of my free time job hunting. My anxiety about the transition from college to being an adult again is ramping up, so my reading is probably going to shift to old favorites and comfort reads, most of which are middle-grade Fantasy. While I definitely need a break from the academic world (I’m so tired of having most of my time taken up by class work), my inner kid is throwing a tantrum and screaming,”I DON’T WANT TO ADULT!!!” Also, I’ll be leaving behind an amazing library. Excuse me while I curl up in a ball, put my fingers in my ears, and sing “La la la, I can’t hear you.”
Top Commenters: This week my Top Commenter was Shaina @ Shaina Reads.
What are you reading this week?