- The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeks by Sam Maggs – a review book.
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
- The Origins of the Modern World by Robert B. Marks
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, for the read-along.
Finished: Legacy by Lois McMaster Bujold.
- Once Upon a Time IX Progress: 5 out of 5. All I have left is to read “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by Shakespeare.
- Show Your Shelves Some Love Progress: 19 out of 51.
- Outdo Yourself Progress: 33 out of 66.
- Netgalley/Edelweiss Progress: 10 out of 50.
- SF/F Bingo:
Total pages read for the week: 648
Total # of books for the year: 34. My reading has been moody this past week, and I’m sure that’s because of all the required reading I have for my college class (in addition to the textbook). As interesting as that assigned reading is, it’s not for fun. So, when I get time to read anything else, the last thing I want to do is read something that I “should” or “have to” read. That meant that, though I didn’t list it as a current read, I dipped into The Outlandish Companion, Vol. 1 by Diana Gabaldon for more than just checking on something or someone. It also meant that I started, and then put aside, Jurassic Park by Micheal Crichton when I was in a crappy mood but was back to “normal” by the next day. I didn’t list that as a current read either since I have no idea when I’ll get around to reading more of it, and by then, I might have to start over.
What are you reading this week?