Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon has officially started! I prepped my coffee maker last night, so all I had to do when I got up this morning at 6:30 am was turn on the coffee maker, make my breakfast (yogurt and a bagel with cream cheese), and get my browser ready to go with all my read-a-thon related sites. I’ve got a stream set up on Hootsuite for my phone, my stack of books and reading journal are next to the couch, and snacks are within easy reach when I need them. I mean business, and despite the fact that I’m never happy this early in the morning, I’m excited about this read-a-thon!
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Austin, TX
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Dream Lover by Elizabeth Berg.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? The Boyfriend has promised to go to the grocery store later this morning instead of waiting until tomorrow, just so he can get a few special snack requests. I’m most looking forward to cranberry scones to go with my tea after I’m finished with my coffee.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I’m giving myself permission to divert from my goal list.
Until my first update, at 1pm, I’ll be working on knocking off the books on my goal list:
- The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende – I’ll be reading this week’s chapters for the read-along I’ve been hosting.
- The Essential Feminist Reader
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- The Dream Lover by Elizabeth Berg
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
My plan of attack has changed a little bit since my goals post, yesterday. I’ve decided that, instead of forcing my way through the list, I’ll read each book until I get tired of reading it. Then, I’ll move on to the next one on the list until they’re either all finished, I get fed up with all of them and read something else, or the read-a-thon is over.
Whether you’re participating in the read-a-thon or not, what book(s) are you currently reading?