Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon begins tomorrow, at 7am CST, but I wanted to share with all of you what I’ll be doing this time around before then.
First off, the books. This read-a-thon is all about feeling accomplished. Since my Monday’s Minutes posts have had the same books listed for what feels like forever, I’ll be trying to finish as many of my current reads as possible, in the following order, with the exception of the last three, which I will switch back and forth between as needed:
- The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende – I’ll be reading this week’s chapters for the read-along I’ve been hosting.
- The Essential Feminist Reader – I really need to finish this before it’s due back at the library.
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- The Dream Lover by Elizabeth Berg – This is a review book that has taken me far too long to finish, especially considering that, so far, I love it.
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
After doing the math, I should be able to get through the first five on the list and still have time to post my updates and do some socializing and participating in a few mini-challenges. This is the first read-a-thon in which I’ll be listening to an audiobook to break up the time a little better, give my eyes a rest, and get the chance to do other things. With all of that being said, I’m reserving my right to change my mind about everything, and start picking random books off of my TBR in order to get past the 2am crankiness.
During prior read-a-thons, I felt like I was posting updates too often and they were cutting into my reading time. So, for this read-a-thon, I’ll post updates every 6 hours, after my kick off post. As with all read-a-thons, my updates will consist of the books I’ve finished, the number of pages I’ve read, and any mini-challenges I’ve participated in, along with other tidbits such as music or snacks.
Are you participating in Dewey’s Read-a-Thon? If so, what books do you have planned to read? Leave a comment, and include your link if you have a “goals” post!