I got up at 6:30 am, to be ready to start reading by 7:00 (which is a bit of a miracle, and only an awesome read-a-thon like Dewey’s can make me do that voluntarily). I’m having cherry turnovers and coffee for breakfast to get me going. Once I’m fully animated, I’ll switch to tea and water. I’m starting off my reading with Chimera: Book Three by Phil Gomm, since it’s a short, fast, and fun read, and I need to have a sense of accomplishment right now. Also, I’m about halfway through it already. My first update will be at 10:00 am.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Austin, TX
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The cherry turnovers I’m about to eat for breakfast, even though I guess that’s not really a snack.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m also geeky about music, so I might share what I’m listening to in my updates.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I will do my best to drink more water. Supposedly staying hydrated works better than coffee. We shall see….